The position you sleep in has a significant impact on not only your sleep but also on your health. What position do you relax? What are different sleep positions? What effect does sleep positions have on your health? At what time should I go to bed? We will cover all the questions in the article further.
Sleep deprivation is affecting the world adversely. Different sleep positions have an enormous impact on our health and a beautiful sleep too. Sometimes tossing and turning sides all night can diminish the sleep quality. Just sleep is not essential a proper position also holds crucial importance. What are different sleep positions and at what time should I go to bed can also affect your quiet hours?
What are different sleep positions?
Broadly, sleep positions can be divided into heads like stomach, side and back sleeper. Your sleeping positions also symbolize much about your personality.
- Side Sleeper
The side sleeping position can be divided into log roller and the yearning dreamer. The side sleeping position imparts excellent comfort for those who prefer side sleeping. In an adjustable bed frame, the top and bottom section adjustment help to maintain spine alignment. This helps in to alleviate pressure on areas of your body, such as your hips.
- Log roller: This position helps to cure most of the ailments especially the once related to back and neck pain. The log roller side sleeping position helps to keep the neck and back in alignment. A pillow or blanket can be helpful to ease the discomfort. In this position, the sleeper lies on the side, and the leg and hand are straight while the other leg might be folded up for comfort. It is also regarded as the second most popular sleeping position.
There might be some arm numbness or neck or shoulder pain, but that can be eased out by using a pillow correctly.
- Yearning dreamer: This is an offshoot of the leg roller position. The sleeper is on the side like the log position, but this time the hands are stretched out in front.
- Back sleeper
The further classification of back sleepers is a sleepy soldier and the shooting star. It is perfect for spinal issues since the spine is in alignment and is straight in the rear sleep position.
- Sleepy Soldier: Perfect with the name, the sleepy soldiers lie all straight like a soldier with hands usually positioned at the sides. This is one of the simplest sleeping positions and is suitable for people suffering from back pains. Since the neck lies in a neutral position, the blood pressure also remains quite good.
- Shooting Star: The position is quite similar to the sleepy soldier position, but herein the legs and hands are sprayed away. The position is quite comfortable since the back and neck is in a neutral position while the legs and hands are relaxed.
- Stomach and chest sleeper
The position is best suitable for those who aren’t blessed in the chest. People with the respiratory problem can also opt this position since it helps in natural breathing and expels mucus from lungs. The stomach sleepers can either be “the skydivers” or “the baby.”
- The Skydivers: they sleep with their head on one side and their arms wrapped around a pillow. The dominant force is on the stomach and chest.
- The baby: Also known as the foetal sleeping position. In this position, the sleeper is all cuddled and coiled up like the foetus in the womb. The legs are all curled up. The position is not suitable for people suffering from blood flow issues.
Stomach sleeping causes pressure on the chest and heart. The position is unsuitable for people with heart problems or high blood pressure since the heart is under pressure. The position can also cause chronic neck pain.
Adjustable bed frame
If your nights are uneasy and uncomfortable, an adjustable bed frame can help you come over it. An adjustable bed frame for what are different sleep positions can help in lessening the discomfort and uneasiness during sleep and can effectively help giving better comfortable nights.
For people suffering from high blood pressure, it is advisable to sleep on the right with head raised high.
Sleeping face down can majorly affect high blood pressure levels.
What time should I go to bed?
The answer which you must be expecting is the eight-hour rule, is it? Honestly, the eight-hour rule is the most popular sleep myth. And nothing special would happen if you would go to sleep an hour or two before the midnight, it is merely a creaky adage.
Every shortened sleep has its effects. Sleep deprivation causes serious health issues. In today’s fast running world, no one mainly has fixed as to at what time should I go to bed. But for a normal being, breaks are always advisable. Continuous work can also be the reason for sleep deprivation. Frequent shorter breaks of sleep can help in eliminating and reducing hypertension or high blood pressure. That eight-hour sleep should be totalled up little here and there to get the best one. Twenty minutes break zone out can help you feel well rested.
For a night, try going to bed before two so that you can have enough sleep by the healthy waking time of five or six. Better sleep helps to ease every issue especially when it is about high blood pressures. For a sweet sleep, an adjustable bed frame can also be helpful.
Who is a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors are the healthcare professionals who can help the patient come over with some chronic pain. Most of the people today suffer from some or the other type of chronic pain which might be a cause of some muscles soreness or muscle or bone stretch, etc.
To be precise and clear, chiropractors cannot be a solution to treat some broken bones or treat cancer patients. If someone claims such, they are purely baseless. Chiropractors treat the chronic pain with proper bone adjustments. They are skilled with the bone adjustments and can help to reduce pain with every visit. Chiropractors use force to adjust the muscles and bones. The treatment is focused on the spine and nervous system. To answer the frequent question as to can chiropractors write prescriptions, no they cannot since they aren’t the licenced doctors.
Following is a list of conditions which can be successfully treated by chiropractors:
- Spinal pain (subluxation)
- Hip imbalance
- Muscle aches and pains
- Back pain
- Car accident injuries
- Chronic pain
- Herniated discs
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Migraine headaches
- Carpal tunnel
Can chiropractors write prescriptions?
Since the Chiropractors are not licensed doctors, they cannot write prescriptions. So the answer to the FAQ that can chiropractors write prescriptions is no. But chiropractors can undoubtedly help the patient with deciding an ointment to ease out the pain. Chiropractors can sort the best suitable ointment as per the type of pain.
We can surely conclude with what are different sleep positions, but the best cannot be ascertained probably. Since the blood pressure and health issues are majorly affected by body type and weight, same is the case with the sleeping positions too. The best sleeping position can be determined only by your body type. Sleep deprivation, neck, back and shoulder pain during sleep and lack of sleep are some severe challenges for an individual’s health, and they shouldn’t be overlooked.
Indeed, an adjustable bed frame can be useful for baby sleep nights. And if it is about at What time should I go to bed, we have already given a good thought on that. Short naps are always best.
We hope now your sleeping position, and high blood pressure issue gets sorted.